Reports To: In-Charge Auto-Electrician
Perform a variety of Auto Electrical work in the shop and in the field in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines, strictly complying with safety regulations.
- Maintain daily contact with the immediate Supervisor for work assignments, guidance and assistance.
- Maintain harmonious working relation with co-workers.
- Use of various type of precision measuring equipment. Use diagnostic equipment to locate electrical and electronic problems.
- Work includes maintenance, overhauls and repairs on all types of equipment, includes all types of motor, starters, dynamo and alternators.
- Prepares the parts requirement for the equipment, or component.
- Keep work area clean and tidy and co-operate with other employees.
- Find and repair electrical faults in heavy equipment and fit new electrical, electronic parts and accessories.
- Ensure hazardous substances are disposed of appropriately and HSE requirements are met.
JOB KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION:
- Completion of Secondary Education (12 years).
- Five years’ experience in auto electrical repair.