Repairs and overhauls automotive vehicles, or their system, components, parts, etc.
|Falls on wet, slippery, or greasy floors.||Wear safety shoes with nonskid soles.|
|Crushed toes resulting from falls of heavy objects.||Wear safety shoes.|
|Falls into inspection/lubrication pits.||Mount rail/guards round inspection/lubrication pits when not in use.|
|Injuries are due to collapsing of jacking, lifting, or hoisting equipment.||Test and inspect lifting equipment|
|Eye injury from flying objects grinding, operating compressed air equipment, and during cleaning and similar operation.||Wear appropriate eye protection|
|Burns due to contact with hot surfaces, exhaust, radiator, and cooling system pipe. The sudden release of hot water.||PPE|
|Accidents during the road test and while on toeing vehicles, accidental falls while on loading & unloading.||Drive safely & slowly in the workshop area. Check toeing chain for cracks & open joints. Using safe signals while loading and unloading using forklifts and cranes. Allow only permissible load using proper ropes, belts, and hooks. And not allowed to withstand anything under lifted items.|
|Exposure to excessive noise ( more Than 90 DPA) Body repair, engine testing, etc.||Wear hearing protection appropriate for the noise levels and type of noise.|
|Exposure to a wide range of industrial chemicals which is cause skin diseases, eye irritation breathing problems, headaches, allergies, etc.||PPE|
|A grease under high pressure coming out of the relief valve under pressure can penetrate the body causing injury or death.||Grease gun with needles should have a protective shroud or cover. Watch the track or track adjustment cylinder.|
|All fuel, most lubricants, and some coolant mixtures are flammable cause fire when spilled on the hot surface or electrical component.||Relieve all pressure in air, oil, fuel or cooling system before any lines, fittings or related items are disconnected or removed.|
|Washing of heavy equipment (noise, dust, oil, diesel grease, cleaning chemicals & high water pressure & hot water).||Use ear plug, mask, goggles, safety shoes & helmets. Regular cleaning of drainages & maintenance of steam cleaners.|
|Engine load testing in dynamometer noise, exhaust smoke, a hot object like metal, surfaces rubber hose and plastic, engine vibration that will damage the component, pressurized hot water, driving shaft||Wear protective guard, secured all mounting joints, cover clamps, bolts are fully tied, proper engine level, monitor all the gauges and sensor are functioning well|
Air filling of tyre ,moving tyres, replacing & fixing tyres:
- High pressure tyre might explode.
- Noise, high pressure, jacking vehicle, wrong usage of tools
- Safety awareness.
- Daily checking of safety case for air filling of tyres.
- Regular checking of jack equipment, daily maintenance of tyre, remover machine with clamp for safety purpose.
Operating heavy vehicles and driving mechanical trucks:
- Slip, trip and fall from a tall cabin, cabin’s leader or trailer.
- Increased risks of accidents due to lengthy driving period.
- Exposure to dust on desert.
- Pains in low back and in the joints of legs and hands / arms caused by prolonged driving or over bumpy road.
- Injuries due to spark, hot metal falling, flying particles.
- Exposure to high noise levels.
Painting, denting, carpentry, radiator:
- Breathe harmful chemicals.
- Paint overspray cause skin, eyes irritation and difficulty with breathing.
- Wood dust.
- Dust, Acid, soldering, hot surface.